Updated March 31, 2020
In response to the rapidly-changing COVID-19 pandemic, WIDA is taking the following steps:
- Following the guidance from our parent organization, University of Wisconsin-Madison, WIDA staff are working remotely, transitioning to virtual meetings where possible, and cancelling all non-essential travel.
- Working with each of the 40 member states, territories and agencies of our domestic consortium to determine their specific plans relative to the annual ACCESS for ELLs assessment. For questions regarding your state’s plan for testing, we encourage you to contact your state directly.
- Working with each of the Early Years member states to make contingency plans for in-person events and to facilitate the sharing of resources across states. To support families with young children at home, WIDA Early Years is happy to share free, downloadable activity booklets, in English and Spanish, that are appropriate for young children ages 2-7 years.
- Connecting with schools within our International School Consortium to provide support and share resources to serve the global education community.
- Continuing to plan (and make contingency plans) for the WIDA Annual Conference, scheduled to take place in Denver, Colorado, October 26-29, 2020. For updates about the conference please see the WIDA Annual Conference page.
- Encouraging educators to stay connected and share resources through our social media channels: Facebook and Twitter
- Fielding calls and emails from educators via our Client Services Center – feel free to reach out with questions! email@example.com or 866-276-7735
WIDA remains committed to supporting educators, multilingual children and their families during this difficult time, and always.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all you do to serve students.