WIDA News: September 2017
The 2017 Annual Conference is On
Like many of you, we were watching hurricane Irma as she stormed up the Florida peninsula. Fortunately, much of the damage was less than projected with worst case scenarios. That means preparations for the WIDA 2017 Annual Conference are continuing to move forward. The big event is just a month away now. Many of you have already locked in your registrations, but there is still a little time to register if you act quickly. In the past, the WIDA conference has reached capacity and we have had to place people on a waiting list. You can avoid the wait list by registering today!
By the way, a great way to prepare for the conference is by looking over the WIDA 2017 Mobile App and bookmarking the sessions you are interested in. The app will also help you connect to friends and peers. Be sure to use the hashtag #WIDA2017
ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 Webinars
Make plans to join us for the following dates, times, and webinar topics:
- September 20, 2:00pm CT: Using 2017 ACCESS for ELLs 2.0 Scores in the New School Year
- September 21, 1:00pm CT: What's New this Year?
- September 26, 11:00am CT: Training at wida.us
- September 28, 1:00pm CT: Software Updates & Technology Readiness Checklist
- October 3, 11:00am CT: Ordering Materials
Featured Educator: Zulma Torres
Zulma Torres taps into her personal experiences and studies in the field of education to support language learners on the island of St. Croix.