Discover What Your Multilingual Learners Can Do
The WIDA Institute is a four-day comprehensive introduction to explore the WIDA Standards and Assessment System. An institute is a first step in learning how WIDA resources work together to support multilingual students and their teachers. Institute participants will also benefit from networking opportunities with international educators both in person and through an online community forum.
Who Should Attend
The Institute is intended for educators who are new to WIDA, or who are deciding how WIDA assessments and resources can support teaching and learning at their school. All international school teachers, administrators or admissions officers are welcome to enroll in this introductory session. If you are ready to explore how WIDA can help your students, sign up for a WIDA International Institute today.
Upcoming Dates and Locations
Due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and the changing global health response, we are continuing to work with host schools to determine dates and locations to meet the needs of our global educators.
While we look towards a future with unrestricted travel, we also acknowledge that the health and safety of students, teachers and families remains a priority. Therefore, we are sharing upcoming professional learning dates and locations but are limiting registration until travel to that location is deemed safe.
Please mark your calendars with the dates and locations you would like to attend and visit this page for updates and registration links as they become available.
Additional Details on Attending an Institute
What You Will Learn
- Preview WIDA as a system
- Explore language in academic contexts
- Consider assessment purposes and tools
- Compare WIDA MODEL and WIDA Screener
- Explore WIDA Essential Actions
- Consider and assets-based approach
- Reflect on using assessment data
- Develop student portraits
- Practice with WIDA Essential Actions
- Explore linguistic demands of curricula
- Scaffold language and content learning
- Practice unit and lesson planning
- Review WIDA Essential Actions
- Explore collaboration
- Examine WIDA tools and co-planning
- Discuss action planning and next steps
8:00am - 8:30am: Coffee and Refreshments
8:30am - 12:00pm: Morning Session (including coffee break)
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch (provided)
1:00pm - 4:00pm*: Afternoon Session (including coffee break)
* Note: The afternoon session of the final day of the Institute will conclude at 3pm.
Prices in U.S. dollars
$850 Early Bird Price
$950 Regular Price
Registration fee includes refreshments and lunch for four days. Participants also receive a copy of the WIDA Essential Actions Handbook and The WIDA International English Language Development Standards and Resource Guide.
Participants are eligible to earn 1 graduate level credit through the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
To register for credit:
- Choose "credit registration" during the registration process.
- Apply for special student status by following the directions provided in your confirmation email.
- Complete the assignment. Instructions are provided during the Institute.
If you have questions please contact Fatima at email@example.com
Registration fee is non-refundable. No refunds will be issued for participant cancellations or no-shows. If the event is cancelled, applicants will be reimbursed for registration fees only.
Travel and Lodging
Attendees are responsible for booking their own travel and lodging. All travel, transportation, and parking expenses are paid by attendees.
For questions or more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org