How do teachers work together to serve multilingual learners in today's schools?
Andrea Honigsfeld and Jon Nordmeyer will explore collaboration, virtually. Based on the popular workshop Stretching Your Co-Teaching: Collaborating with WIDA, this deep-dive virtual workshop will energize your collaboration and set you up for success in the coming school year.
Join Andrea and Jon to:
- Utilize an interactive blended format which combines both synchronous webinars with asynchronous dialogue, application activities and self-access resources
- Consider the WHY, the WHAT and the HOW of collaborative planning, teaching, assessing and reflecting.
- Learn different strategies and practical tools that you can use right away, whether you are teaching face-to-face, virtually or in a hybrid format.
- Integrate new ideas from recent articles that Jon and Andrea have co-authored, including Teacher Collaboration During a Global Pandemic and The Yoga of Collaboration.
This course will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-10am EDT, from Aug 18 – Sep 8, with discussion and application activities in between live sessions.
- Module 1: Collaboration Introduction/Overview – 08.18
- Module 2: Collaborative Cycle & WIDA – 08.20
- Module 3: Co-Planning – 08.25
- Module 4: Co-Teaching – 08.27
- Module 5: Co-Assessing – 09.01
- Module 6: Co-Reflecting & Relational Trust & Collaborative Culture – 09.03
- Module 7: Collaboration as Professional Learning & Coaching – 09.08
Registration and costs
Register by August 10, 2020