This eWorkshop explores what educators can do to welcome and engage multilingual newcomers and their families into their classrooms and schools. This eWorkshop is comprised of three modules with videos, readings and interactions to engage the participants.
By engaging in this eWorkshop, participants will build their skills in:
- Responding to the social and emotional needs of newcomers
- Building collegial relationships to support the integration of newcomers into a school community
- Implementing instructional strategies to advance newcomers’ linguistic development and content learning
Format: All materials are housed in the WIDA eLearning Center, which can be accessed by participants with a WIDA Secure Portal login.
Time to Complete: 2 hours
Audience: K-12 classroom teachers working with multilingual learners who have recently arrived in the United States, or are new to U.S. schools
1. Log in to your WIDA Secure Portal account. Don’t have an account yet? Visit your Member/State page to learn how.
2. Click the “WIDA eLearning Center” tile in the Portal to view available eWorkshops.
3. Complete an eWorkshop and print your certificate.
Questions? Contact the WIDA Client Services Center at email@example.com or 1-866-276-7735