This eWorkshop is designed to support K–12 content and ESL teachers as they interact with the resources introduced on the Doing and Talking Math and Science website. Through a series of reflections, video exercises, and resources, this eWorkshop helps teams maximize the content on the website and strengthen skills in three areas:
- Building on students' knowledge of languages
- Building students' ideas about how the world works
- Engaging students as questioners, thinkers, and problem solvers
At the end of the eWorkshop, teachers have an opportunity to select a pathway for further learning and corresponding resources focused on discourse–centered instruction and collaborative meaning– making in the STEM classroom.
Format: All materials will be housed in the WIDA eLearning Center, which can be accessed by participants with a WIDA Secure Portal login.
Time to Complete: 6 hours
Audience: K–12 science, math and ESL teachers
1. Log in to your WIDA Secure Portal account. Don’t have an account yet? Visit your Member/State page to learn how.
2. Click the “WIDA eLearning Center” tile in the Portal to view available eWorkshops.
3. Complete an eWorkshop and print your certificate.
Questions? Contact the WIDA Client Services Center at email@example.com or 1-866-276-7735