The ACCESS for ELLs Score Reports provide specific information on students' academic English language proficiency. During this training, participants will explore how the WIDA Standards and Assessment System is connected to the ACCESS for ELLs score reports. Participants will examine the different types and uses of score reports. They will also make connections between the students’ proficiency scores and WIDA Performance Definitions.
This training is designed for ELL Educators, K-12 Educators, Administrators, and ELL Coordinators with students who have been administered one of the ACCESS for ELLs suite of assessments in Grades K-12.
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of the ACCESS for ELLs assessment;
- Identify the differences in the types of ACCESS for ELLs Score Reports and their uses;
- Describe considerations and methods for disseminating information contained in the score reports;
- Expose the academic language connection between score reports and WIDA Performance Definitions;
- Recognize how to use the score reports in collaborative conversations to inform language development.
- Introduction and training overview.
- Review the ACCESS for ELLs suite of assessments and make connections between the WIDA Standards and Assessment System.
- Explore assessing language development verse content achievement.
- Recognize the levels of English proficiency and what linguistic characteristics delineate each level.
- Classify the different types of scores are conveyed on the score reports and how to understand their purposes.
- Reveal the various score reports and their uses.
- Communication and interpretation of scores with colleagues.
- Explore the dimensions of the features of academic language.
- Consider students’ English proficiency levels reported on score reports differentiating instruction.
- Analyze the language demands of instructional task and identify the supports students’ would need.
- Reflect on options for communicating how to use students’ scores to aid language development.
- Locate resources on the WIDA website.
- Closing and evaluation.
Registration and costs
Register by August 4, 2019