This training is for test administrators of the WIDA MODEL (Measure of Developing English Language) Online. The WIDA MODEL is a series of English language proficiency assessments for Kindergarten through Grade 12. However, Kindergarten MODEL is only available in a paper kit format. Educators can use MODEL as an identification/placement assessment for newly enrolled ELLs or as an interim progress monitoring assessment. Participants will learn how to administer, monitor, and score as applicable each language domain in the assessment.
This training is designed for WIDA MODEL Online Test Coordinators and Administrators.
Participants will be able to
- Explain the relationship between the WIDA ELD Standards and WIDA MODEL
- Identify procedures for test administration
- Administer and score practice Speaking and Writing tests
- Locate additional WIDA MODEL resources
- Administer and score Kindergarten MODEL (if applicable)
40 Participant Maximum