During this training, participants will work collaboratively to strengthen their understanding of the administration of WIDA Screener Online. This includes learning to administer the online assessment to students. Particular attention will be given to developing inter-rater reliability when scoring the speaking and writing domains. Participants will utilize a multitude of practice items to be scored with the scoring scales.
This training is designed for Test Administrators and District Test Coordinators of WIDA Screener Online in grades 1-12.
Participants will be able to
- Explain the purpose and background of the WIDA Screener
- Identify the connection between the English Language Proficiency Levels and Screener scoring scales
- Use the scoring scales to score speaking samples
- Use the scoring scales to score writing samples
- Examine the online administration procedures for Listening, Reading, Speaking, and Writing
- Discover the available accommodations on Screener
- Locate Screener-specific WIDA AMS functions and supports
- Explore the logistics for preparing to administer
40 Participant Maximum
Interested in bringing this training to your school or district?