During this training, participants will work collaboratively to strengthen their understanding of how to administer the assessment. This includes test administration beginning with the entry task, and then continuing to Path A or Path B. Particular attention will be given to developing inter-rater reliability when scoring the speaking and writing domains. Participants will utilize a multitude of practice items to be scored with the scoring scales.
This training is designed for Test Administrators and District Test Coordinators of WIDA Screener Paper in Grades 1-12.
Participants will be able to
- Explain the purpose and background of the WIDA Screener
- Identify the connection between the English Language Proficiency levels and Screener Scoring Scales
- Investigate Screener Paper materials
- Examine and practice the administration and scoring procedures
- Entry Task
- Listening and Reading
- Discover the available accommodations on Screener
- Locate and practice using the Score Calculator
- Explore the logistics for preparing to administer
40 Participant Maximum
Interested in bringing this training to your school or district?