Note: This webinar is designed with a focus on elementary grade level students and educators.
Multilingual learners need instruction that is differentiated to meet the needs unique to learning an additional language and grade-appropriate content. Participants will approach the idea of differentiation of language from an asset-based perspective, recognizing that language learners bring many contributions to the school community. This workshop is designed for general classroom teachers and English language specialists who share instructional responsibility for language learners. No experience in using the WIDA ELD Standards Framework is needed for this workshop.
During this webinar, participants will
- Describe how content, product, process and environment are taken into account for language differentiation. (We do address distance learning in this area.)
- Identify student language differentiation needs and supports based on proficiency levels.
- Describe the pathways for language differentiation. (academic language)
- Describe how scaffolds and supports engage language learners at various levels in the language of a lesson.
- Apply strategies to balance domains.
Registration and costs
Register by May 16, 2021