English language learners need instruction that is differentiated to meet the needs unique to learning an additional language and grade-appropriate content. Participants will approach the idea of differentiation of language from an asset-based perspective, recognizing that language learners bring many contributions to the school community.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe how content, product, process, and environment are taken into account for language differentiation (we do address distance learning in this area)
- Identify student language differentiation needs and supports based on proficiency levels
- Describe the pathways for language differentiation (academic language)
- Describe how scaffolds and supports engage language learners at various levels in the language of a lesson
- Apply strategies to balance domains
This webinar is available to U.S. schools only.
All times are in Central Standard Time.
Registration and costs
Register by July 26, 2020
Follow up instructions on completing your registration will be provided once you submit your registration form.