How do teachers work together to serve multilingual learners in today's schools?
Andrea Honigsfeld and Jon Nordmeyer will explore collaboration, virtually. Based on the popular workshop Stretching Your Co-Teaching: Collaborating with WIDA, this deep-dive virtual workshop will energize your collaboration and set you up for success in the coming school year.
Join Andrea and Jon to:
- Utilize an interactive blended format which combines both synchronous webinars with asynchronous dialogue, application activities and self-access resources
- Consider the WHY, the WHAT and the HOW of collaborative planning, teaching, assessing and reflecting.
- Learn different strategies and practical tools that you can use right away, whether you are teaching face-to-face, virtually or in a hybrid format.
- Integrate new ideas from recent articles that Jon and Andrea have co-authored, including Teacher Collaboration During a Global Pandemic and The Yoga of Collaboration.
This course will meet Mondays and Thursdays from November 1-22, 2021, with discussion and application activities in between live sessions. Live sessions will be held from 9-10am ET.
- Module 1: Collaboration Introduction/Overview – 11/1
- Module 2: Collaborative Cycle and WIDA – 11/4
- Module 3: Co-Planning – 11/8
- Module 4: Co-Teaching – 11/11
- Module 5: Co-Assessing – 11/15
- Module 6: Co-Reflecting and Relational Trust and Collaborative Culture – 11/18
- Module 7: Collaboration as Professional Learning and Coaching – 11/22
In this video, Jon and Andrea preview the topics they will cover during the course.
Registration and costs
Register by October 28, 2021
What past participants say:
"Teacher collaboration is such an important topic. This workshop offered tangible ways to enhance teacher collaboration and impact students' language learning through co-teaching models. The collaboration cycle focuses on other important components including co-planning, co-assessing and co-reflecting."