During this training workshop, participants will work collaboratively to strengthen their understanding of how to administer the assessment. This includes test administration beginning with the entry task, and then continuing to Path A or Path B. Particular attention will be given to developing inter-rater reliability when scoring the speaking and writing domains. Participants will utilize a multitude of practice items to be scored with the scoring scales.
This training workshop is designed for test administrators and district test coordinators for WIDA Screener Paper in grades 1-12.
Participants will be able to
- Explain the purpose and background of WIDA Screener
- Explain assessing English language proficiency levels
- Investigate WIDA Screener Paper materials
- Examine WIDA Screener Paper administration and scoring procedures
- Entry task
- Discover the available accommodations of WIDA Screener
- Locate and practice using the score calculator
- Explore the logistics for preparing to administer
This is not a replacement for the training course in the WIDA Secure Portal, which is required to administer the assessment.
40 Participant Maximum
Interested in bringing this training to your school or district?