Ask Fatima: Why should my school join the WIDA International School Consortium?
This month, Fatima answers questions about membership in the WIDA International School Consortium.
Why should my school join the WIDA International School Consortium?
WIDA offers proven tools and support to help educators and multilingual learners succeed.
- Read about, or watch our video explaining, the WIDA research-based tools and resources, dedicated to language development for multilingual learners
- Visit the International School Consortium Member Benefits page for membership information specific to international schools
- Peruse the Member Schools page, and read the Focus School profiles with information on how independent schools around the globe have shifted to focusing on what students can do.
- View or download the Join the WIDA International School Consortium flyer for a summary of resources and benefits. Be sure to share with colleagues!
Who can join the WIDA International School Consortium?
All schools are welcome to apply, but in order to preserve the security and validity of our assessment tools, certain criteria must be met:
- Accredited institutions with primary and/or secondary divisions (K-12).
- Follow an international or national curriculum with an international orientation.
- Use English as at least one of the languages of instruction.
- Teachers and students typically interact through face-to-face or hybrid instruction (pre-pandemic).
- Note: Private individuals or tutoring programs are not eligible for membership.
How can my school join the WIDA International School Consortium?
The first step to joining the WIDA International School Consortium is to fill out a membership application. Once you have filled out your membership application, WIDA will contact you with your next steps.
In case you missed it...
Fatima recently answered questions about