As a research organization, WIDA is continually learning and improving. Find out more about what is happening with current WIDA assessments:
- We have conducted an extensive survey analysis and are currently interviewing teachers who use MODEL to learn about their experiences with this assessment.
- We will publish a MODEL Interpretive Guide in February 2019 to assist stakeholders in understanding the scores and how to use them.
- We are currently developing a refreshed version of MODEL. This will be available in 2020; look for details in upcoming newsletters.
- We have scheduled a Bias, Sensitivity, and Content review process in Brussels in May 11-12, 2019 to ensure the perspectives of international educators are represented in reviewing new items for MODEL. Interested educators should apply here. Final invitations will be sent to individual educators based on international experience, grade or age level considerations, and subject area specialties.
- We have published an Interpretive Guide for WIDA Screener.
- Also, since this will be the first year that we have actual student data from Screener and MODEL in the international context, we are launching another study to examine the relationship between Screener and MODEL. We will begin recruiting schools to participate in January 2019.