Conferences and professional learning
WIDA participates in many conferences and professional learning events around the world. Join us virtually at a number of events dedicated to leading the field in working with multilingual learners.
Upcoming featured professional learning opportunities
- NEW! The WIDA Virtual Institute is now open for registration! This innovative and self-paced introduction to WIDA standards, assessments and instructional resources is built around the WIDA All Year Long narrative tool.
- Another cohort of Virtual Collaboration Course: Stretching Your Co-Teaching with Andrea Honigsfeld and Jon Nordmeyer will be available in February.
Additional learning opportunities
WIDA continues to partner with global and regional organizations to provide opportunities to reconnect with former colleagues, meet new friends and expand your personal learning network.
WIDA @Conferences: A list of upcoming events with partner organizations such as TAISI, IMS and ACAMIS.
Whether you are looking for an introduction, or a deep dive into advanced topics, WIDA International professional learning opportunities are available.
- WIDA Institute: A comprehensive introduction to WIDA resources and assessments, offered virtually and face-to-face.
- WIDA Symposium: The next steps in build capacity and improve your school-wide systems.
- WIDA Workshops: A deep dive into a variety of defined topics, offered virtually and face-to-face.
- Distance Teaching and Learning: Micro-Offerings from WIDA Professional Learning, as well as a list of other helpful resources for distance learning.
- WIDA International Secure Portal: Contains eLearning modules; and coming soon, videos from recorded conference presentations.