Global Learning Opportunities
WIDA offers professional growth opportunities for educators of multilingual learners. Whether you are looking for an introduction or a deep dive into advanced topics, you can find multiple events. Read more to find current dates and locations as of January 2019.
WIDA Institutes offer a four-day comprehensive introduction to the WIDA standards and assessment system. Connect with other international educators while learning how WIDA resources work together to support multilingual learners. Find the date or location that works for you.
- Sao Paulo, Brazil: February 13-16, 2019
- Singapore: February 21-24, 2019
- Madison, Wisconsin, USA: July 22-25
- Madison early bird discount ends April 26, 2019
A WIDA Symposium brings international educators together to engage in reciprocal learning and explore innovative systems for supporting multilingual learners at international schools. Visit our website for more information or to register for the location that works for you.
WIDA Workshops are offered both as open enrollment opportunities to delve into a specific topic while networking with other international educators, or as on-site introductory learning events for your staff. WIDA workshops are open to members of the WIDA International School Consortium.
Open Enrollment Workshops (educators from multiple WIDA schools)
- Scaffolding Learning Through Language
- April 6-7, 2019 | Johannesburg, South Africa
- From Silos to Systems: An NFI/WIDA Collaborative Conversation
- April 7-9, 2019 | Hong Kong
- Learning Support + EAL = Collaboration for Inclusion
- June 30- July 3, 2019 |Genoa, Italy (with Next Frontier Inclusion)
Foundational Workshops (educators from your school only)
- Introduction to WIDA Standards
- Differentiation for Linguistically Diverse Students
- Purposeful Lesson Planning for English Language Learners
- WIDA Screener: Paper Test Administration
- WIDA MODEL: Paper or Online Test Administration