Register for fall WIDA professional learning
From introductory webinars to in-depth workshops, register for WIDA virtual professional learning opportunities dedicated to building capacity and knowledge to help educators support multilingual learners.
Register now for these targeted professional learning opportunities:
- New to WIDA? The WIDA Virtual Institute is a comprehensive, online, self-paced introduction to exploring the WIDA Standards and Assessment System. Attending the Institute is a first step in learning how WIDA resources work together to support multilingual students and their teachers.
Register as an individual or as a cohort and complete at your own pace.
- Want to focus on Collaboration? Stretching Your Co-Teaching:How do teachers work together to serve multilingual learners in today's schools? Andrea Honigsfeld and Jon Nordmeyer will explore collaboration, virtually. Based on the popular workshop Stretching Your Co-Teaching: Collaborating with WIDA, this deep-dive virtual workshop will energize your collaboration and set you up for success in the coming school year.
The fall cohort starts November 1, 2021. Register by October 28, 2021
- Ready to build school-wide systems? The WIDA Global Community of Practice is a new professional learning opportunity for WIDA International School Consortium members that supports school-based teams to address common problems of practice, co-create strategies, and share resources. This opportunity is also the next step to support action planning and implementation for educators who have used WIDA resources or participated in a WIDA Institute. Early bird deadline has been extended to October 26, 2021.
This exciting new opportunity kicks off October 28, so register today!
Don't forget about the following free one-hour webinars available this fall to help you get started or go deeper and discover what your ;multilingual learners can do.
- Introduction to WIDA Webinars: This free webinar will introduce international and independent schools to WIDA. Join a session to learn more about how WIDA focuses on both academic language development and academic achievement for culturally and linguistically diverse students.
- WIDA Deep-Dive Webinars: These virtual learning opportunities are offered exclusively for members of the WIDA International School Consortium. Attend these webinars to build capacity to help multilingual learners succeed. Upcoming topics include
- Putting the WIDA ELD Standards Framework, 2020 Edition into Action
- Supporting the Language and Communication Needs of Multilingual Learners with Disabilities