Summer Learning Opportunities
WIDA offers professional growth opportunities for educators of multilingual learners. Whether you are looking for an introduction or a deep dive into advanced topics, you can find multiple events scheduled throughout the summer months.
WIDA Institutes offer a four-day comprehensive introduction to the WIDA standards and assessment system. Connect with other international educators while learning how WIDA resources work together to support multilingual learners. Find the date or location that works for you.
Spaces are still available, register now to reserve your spot! This will be a special opportunity since we have added an evening reception with WIDA leadership, researchers and developers. What's better than the sunset over the University of Wisconsin Terrace with cold beverages and conversation about multilingual learners?
WIDA Workshops are offered both as open enrollment opportunities to delve into a specific topic while networking with other international educators, or as on-site introductory learning events for your staff. WIDA workshops are open to members of the WIDA International School Consortium.
Open Enrollment Workshops (educators from multiple WIDA schools can enroll)
- Writing with Multilingual Learners in the Elementary Grades
- June 18-19, 2019 | Chicago, USA
- Learning Support + EAL = Collaboration for Inclusion
- June 30- July 3, 2019 |Genoa, Italy (Co-sponsored with Next Frontier Inclusion)
- WIDA Español: Differentiation for Multilingual Learners
- July 17, 2019 ǀ Madison, WI, USA
- Purposeful Lesson Planning for Language Learners
- August 13-14, 2019 ǀ Platteville, WI, USA
Planning for fall, winter and spring events is underway and hew details have be added to the website. Please check the International Professional Learning page for updates and additions. We do have several events that take place early in the coming school year. Register now to take advantage of early bird discounts!