WIDA at International Conferences
WIDA will be at several international conferences during the 2018-2019 school year. Visit our WIDA @ International Conferences page to learn about opportunities to reconnect with former colleagues, meet new friends and expand your personal learning network.
Planning for the 2019 WIDA Annual Conference is well underway. Thank you to those who submitted proposals!
- ELMLE – Valencia, January 24-26 - Jon Nordmeyer will present the following:
- Keynote – Multilingual and in the Middle
- Full-day preconference – Collaboration: Building on Student Assets & Teacher Assets
- Workshops – Translanguaging: Beyond Bilingualism, The Art of Inclusion and the Science of Scaffolding, An Essential Partnership: EAL and Learning Support
- Read Jon’s article in the ELMLE Annual Journal
- ELLSA – Bangkok, January 26-27 - Mark Chapman will present the following workshops:
- Connecting WIDA English Language Development Standards to WIDA English Language Proficiency Assessments
- Using WIDA English Language Proficiency Assessments as a Comprehensive System
- The New WIDA Screener: Collecting Baseline Data on New Students’ English Language Proficiency
February Conference Highlights
- AAIE – San Francisco, February 4-6 – Jon Nordmeyer and Tim Boals
- Jon will present Beyond Co-teaching: Collaboration as Professional Learning
- Tim will meet with educators and leaders at the WIDA booth and throughout the conference.
- MLIE – London, February 28-March 3 – Jon Nordmeyer will present the following workshop:
- Leading for Multilingualism: Building School-Wide Systems
If you are hosting a conference or planning to submit a presentation about WIDA, please let us know. We’d like to add it to our conferences page; contact Jenny Hill-Wild at firstname.lastname@example.org.