WIDA resources and research: February 2023
WIDA develops resources and research on a range of topics. See what’s new, review what you might have missed, or have a sneak peek at what is coming soon.
Resources and Research
ICYMI: Ask Fatima
In case you missed it (ICYMI), Fatima shared the following resources in recent editions of the Ask Fatima column:
- WIDA ELD Standards Framework, 2020 Digital Explorer
- What WIDA Deep Dive webinars were featured in the series in 2022? Bonus: This article provides recording links to selected webinar sessions.
- WIDA All Year Long
New Focus Bulletin: Supporting Multilingual Learners’ Language Growth through Language Development Portfolios
This new Focus Bulletin tells the story of how a fourth-grade team introduced language development portfolios – a classroom-based tool that can help teachers and multilingual learners see and understand students’ language growth – to their teaching practice. Also included are two sample tools that teachers can use and adapt to capture multilingual learners’ language growth using modified Proficiency Level Descriptors from the WIDA ELD Standards Framework, 2020 Edition.
Family engagement-focused WIDA Snapshots now available in Spanish
In response to ongoing requests from the field, three family engagement-focused WIDA Snapshots are now available in Spanish. The three translated Snapshots are available in WIDA’s biblioteca de recursos:
- Los niños multilingües y sus familias
- Enlazándose con las familias de niños multilingües
- Recaudando y reflexionando sobre los objetivos lingüísticos y culturales de las familias
As a reminder, the Family Engagement webpage has additional resources available in several languages. In addition, the Participación familiar webpage offers family engagement resources en español.