Teams and Programs
Working together to support educators of multilingual learners
WIDA's dedicated staff ensure that our products and services are:
- Developed and maintained with the end user in mind
- Relevant, accessible and easy to understand
- Presented in a consistent way across all mediums and venues
- Connected with each other as a system
Administration and Operations
Administration and Operations is the umbrella of administrative functions that supports the entire organization. It includes the Chief of Staff's project management and human resources teams, as well as the Chief Operations Officer/Chief Finance Officer's finance, event planning and information technology teams.
The Assessment team oversees the development, delivery, scoring and reporting of the ACCESS for ELLs suite of tests (Online, Paper, Kindergarten and Alternate).
The team also:
- Maintains the WIDA Screener and WIDA MODEL tests
- Drives innovation in test development and delivery
- Conducts validity research to ensure assessments accomplish their goals
- Conducts research to ensure assessment results are used correctly
- Provides technical assistance to member states regarding English language proficiency assessment policy, use and implementation
Consortium and State Relations
The Consortium and State Relations team develops and maintains relationships with member state education agencies by:
- supporting and facilitating member agencies’ collaboration with each other and with WIDA
- directing and supporting subcommittees, Executive Committee, Board Meeting and other Consortium-wide activities, communications and events
- collaborating within WIDA to ensure that states’ feedback is part of consortium products and services
- supporting member agencies with resources, communications and answers to their questions
The Early Years team serves members of the early care and education community who focus on multilingual learners ages 2.5-5.5 years old. The team creates and provides language development standards, professional learning and trusted tools that support young children’s language development.
The IT team supports the work of other WIDA teams and departments by:
- Providing tools and technical support for annual test development and ensuring that assessment data is securely shared and stored
- Developing, maintaining and improving websites, web-based applications and customer relations software
- Supporting and maintaining WIDA's online professional learning tools
The International Programs team works to ensure that WIDA products and services meet the needs of educators of multilingual learners in schools around the world. The team also facilitates sharing of practical wisdom, proven approaches and systems across its member schools.
Marketing and Client Services
The Marketing and Client Services team oversees all communication about WIDA resources, products, services and events to educators of multilingual learners. We strive to include the educator perspective at the center of everything we do. The team is also responsible for the WIDA Annual Conference, the premier conference for educators of PreK-12 multilingual learners.
The Professional Learning team engages PreK-12 educators in meaningful and transformative online and face-to-face learning experiences.
Research and Development
The Research and Development team works with districts, states and national experts to build knowledge and support practice by carrying out rigorous, relevant research and developing high-quality instructional resources.
Research, Policy and Evaluation
The Research, Policy and Evaluation team collaborates with scholars, educators and policymakers across the nation to conduct high-quality research and evaluation focused on ensuring equitable outcomes for multilingual children and youth. The team aims to be a trusted leader at the forefront of efforts to transform both knowledge and practice when it comes to effectively serving multilingual learners, their families and their communities.