ACCESS for ELLs
A suite of secure, large-scale, summative English language proficiency assessments
ACCESS for ELLs:
- Is available to WIDA Consortium member states as a primary benefit of membership
- Is administered to Kindergarten through Grade 12 students who have been identified as English language learners (ELLs)
- Is given annually to monitor students' progress in learning academic English
- Meets U.S. federal requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) for monitoring and reporting ELLs’ progress toward English language proficiency
- Is anchored in the WIDA English Language Development Standards
- Assesses the four language domains of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
Preparing to Administer ACCESS
An overview of what’s involved in preparing for and administering ACCESS for ELLs. Helpful for Test Administrators and District Test Coordinators.
Preparing Students for ACCESS
Suggestions to help you get your Grades 1-12 students ready for ACCESS for ELLs testing. Helpful for Test Administrators and ELL educators.
Accessibility and Accommodations
Guidance for supporting students with disabilities taking ACCESS for ELLs. Helpful for Test Administrators and IEP teams.
ACCESS Scores and Reports
An overview of how ACCESS for ELLs tests are scored and how scores can be used. Helpful for Test Administrators, ELL educators, and school, district and state administrators.
Get resources specific to your state
State-specific contact information and additional testing resources, including the ACCESS for ELLs Checklist, for WIDA Consortium members.
The ACCESS Tests
Compare and contrast the four versions of the ACCESS assessment (Online, Paper, Kindergarten and Alternate).