ACCESS for ELLs
A suite of secure, large-scale English language proficiency summative assessments
ACCESS for ELLs:
- Is available to WIDA Consortium member states as a primary benefit of membership
- Is administered to Kindergarten through 12th-grade students who have been identified as English language learners (ELLs)
- Is given annually to monitor students' progress in learning academic English
- Meets U.S. federal requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) for monitoring and reporting ELLs’ progress toward English language proficiency
- Corresponds to the WIDA English Language Development Standards
- Assesses the four language domains of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
Test Preparation and Administration
An overview of what’s involved in preparing for and administering ACCESS for ELLs. Helpful for Test Administrators and District Test Coordinators.
Suggestions to help you get your students ready for ACCESS for ELLs testing. Helpful for all educators of multilingual learners.
Accessibility and Accommodations
Guidance for supporting students with disabilities taking ACCESS for ELLs. Helpful for Test Administrators and IEP teams.
Scores and Reports
An overview of how ACCESS for ELLs tests are scored and how scores can be used. Helpful for Test Administrators, ELL educators, and school, district and state administrators.
Get resources specific to your state
State-specific contact information and additional testing resources for WIDA Consortium members.
The ACCESS Tests
Compare and contrast the four versions of the ACCESS assessment (Online, Paper, Kindergarten and Alternate).