WIDA MODEL Paper
WIDA MODEL Paper is an English Language proficiency assessment for students in Grades 1-12. As a flexible, on-demand assessment, this test can be administered at any time during the school year, depending on the needs of the district, school, teacher or student. Scores from WIDA MODEL Paper can be used to predict student performance on ACCESS for ELLs.
WIDA MODEL Paper provides opportunities for students to demonstrate their English language proficiency in the four language domains: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing. Each of these domains is assessed separately. All four domain tests are delivered face-to-face between Test Administrators and students. The Speaking test is individually administered while the Reading, Writing and Listening tests may be administered individually or in small groups.
Test Administration Times
Up to 25 minutes
Up to 30 minutes
Up to 15 minutes
Up to 30 minutes
100 minutes total test time
WIDA MODEL Paper test kits contain all materials necessary to train Test Administrators and to deliver the assessment, including:
- A Test Administration Manual that contains all the information needed to administer and score the test
- PowerPoint presentations that may be used to train Test Administrators
- A DVD that provides guidance for test administration as well as footage of test administration.
QuickStart Guide for WIDA MODEL Paper
1. Learn your state or local requirements and confirm which WIDA MODEL format you’re administering.
Each member state or school chooses the type of WIDA assessment it uses to identify English language learners or to monitor their progress. Find out what options are available to you.
Educators in WIDA Consortium member states should view their member/state page for state-specific information about WIDA MODEL, including the Identification and Placement Guidance document.
International school educators should contact their Site Coordinator.
2. Visit the WIDA Store to purchase MODEL Paper.
3. Complete assessment training and review manuals.
Before giving the test, educators need to view the Training CD-ROM and/or DVD provided in the kit, and review the Test Administrator Manuals.
4. Get additional training from WIDA as needed.
WIDA offers a variety of workshops and webinars to support educators in understanding how to administer WIDA MODEL.
5. Administer the assessment.
Gather your pencils and materials and you’re ready to test. With thorough training and careful preparation, Test Administrators will be ready to deliver a reliable and positive testing experience.