Honoring the process of collaboration and inquiry, the WIDA Fellows program brings expert educators and WIDA staff together in a collaborative effort to enhance the development of WIDA products and services. WIDA established the WIDA Fellows program in 2019 to
- Recognize the contributions of excellent teachers.
- Leverage their expertise to provide guidance and feedback in the development of WIDA professional learning.
- Create a collaborative professional learning community (PLC) among expert practitioners and WIDA professional learning specialists.
In 2023-24, WIDA will introduce the WIDA Fellows: Educational Leaders cohort, bringing together both emerging and experienced leaders in education who work with multilingual learners. This new cohort will complement the existing group of instructional experts who have direct classroom experience with multilingual learners. Read the 2023-24 WIDA Fellows news article to learn more.
Selected candidates to the WIDA Fellows program serve for one year and have the option to continue for a second. Benefits and participation requirements include
- Receiving $1,000 honorarium and a waiver of the registration fee to attend the WIDA Annual Conference to learn and collaborate as a group
- Acting as a thought partner and collaborator on both the development and improvement of the professional learning resources and opportunities that WIDA provides for teachers.
- Serving as the classroom implementation expert (CIE) and provide valuable practitioners’ feedback to WIDA Educator Learning Research and Practice (ELRP) team on professional learning design projects.
- Participating in a monthly on-line professional learning community (PLC) with other WIDA Fellows and members of the ELRP team.
All nominees must be exemplary teachers to multilingual learners who are willing to provide constructive guidance and feedback on the development of professional learning offerings. Nominees must also be willing to participate in the WIDA Fellows annual meeting held during the WIDA Annual Conference. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Nominations for the 2024-2025 cohort will open in late winter of 2024.