WIDA Annual Conference
A conference by teachers, for teachers
The WIDA Annual Conference is the largest conference dedicated to educators of Pre-K through grade 12 multilingual learners. Educators from around the country submit session proposals, which are reviewed and selected by a panel of internal and external reviewers. Sessions examine research-based strategies and instructional practices on topics that align with the conference theme and are designed and delivered in an engaging format. Topic areas include
- Equity and Social Justice
- Family and Community Engagement
- Bi/Multilingual Education
- Language Assessment
- Professional Learning in Schools and Districts
- Specific Populations: Multilingual Learners with Disabilities, Newcomers, Students with Limited or Interrupted Formal Education (SLIFE), Migrant, Refugee, Long-term Multilingual Learners
- Early Language Development and Pre-Kindergarten
- Effective Instructional Practices - Implementation of WIDA ELD Standards Framework, 2020 Edition
- Program Administration & Policy
Launched in 2013, the WIDA Annual Conference has continued to grow in popularity as it has traveled around the country – from Las Vegas to Milwaukee to Tampa.
In its first year, the conference drew 600 participants with a sizable waiting list. Now, we prepare for more than 1,000 attendees as well as 1,500 virtual attendees each year.
4 of 5
45 States and 21 Countries Represented
What participants say...
"WIDA conference is a phenomenal opportunity to collaborate with educators from around the country and a rare opportunity to lean into each others' expertise in order to become greater change makers."
– EL specialist and 2022 WIDA Annual Conference attendee
WIDA @ Conferences
In addition to hosting our own conference, WIDA supports national and international conferences with keynote speakers, workshop presentations and sponsorships.
Learning opportunities for K-12 educators centered on the WIDA Standards and Assessment System, offered in online, in-person and blended formats.
Research at WIDA is dedicated to promoting educational equity and academic achievement for linguistically and culturally diverse students.
Overheard at the WIDA Annual Conference
Learn about and read highlights from the most recent WIDA Annual Conference.