Collaborating with WIDA to support you
WIDA works with multiple organizations that provide contracted development and support services to WIDA its consortium members.
WIDA’s organizational home is in the Wisconsin Center for Education Research (WCER) at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. WCER is one of the oldest, largest and most productive university-based education research and development centers in the world. The research conducted at WCER has influenced policy and practice from preschool through doctoral programs.
Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL)
CAL collaborates with WIDA in its work to provide standards-based assessments for English language learners. CAL's work is divided into three main areas:
- Developing and field testing new test items to refresh ACCESS for ELLs every year
- Conducting research, exploring ways to revise aspects of the testing system, and improving the delivery of test administration training
- Providing technical and psychometric expertise and documentation to WIDA
Wisconsin Center for Education Products and Services (WCEPS)
WCEPS manages the products and services available to educators in the online WIDA Store, including:
- Coordinating administrative support and member services for the WIDA International School Consortium
- Administering licensed training delivery of WIDA Workshops
- Manages and distributes the Comprehensive Assessment of Leadership for Learning (CALL), which served as the foundation for the WIDA School Improvement System (WIDA SIS)
Data Recognition Corporation (DRC)
- The online test platform for ACCESS for ELLs Online and WIDA Screener Online
- Annual printing, distribution, scoring, and reporting for the ACCESS for ELLs assessments
- A secure, web-based ordering system and administrative portal (WIDA AMS) backed up by customer service
MetriTech works with WIDA and WCEPS to provide WIDA Screener Paper and to deliver the WIDA MODEL Online assessment.
PLACE works with WIDA to provide conference and event planning development, management and support.