WIDA Annual Conference
A conference by teachers, for teachers
The WIDA Annual Conference is the largest conference dedicated to educators of early childhood through grade 12 multilingual learners. Educators from around the country submit session proposals, which are reviewed and selected by a panel of internal and external reviewers. Sessions examine research-based strategies and instructional practices on topics that align to the conference theme and are designed and delivered in an engaging format. Topic areas include
- Bi/Multilingual Education
- Early Years
- Effective Instructional Practices
- Equity and Social Justice
- Family and Community Engagement
- English Language Development Language
- Professional Learning in Schools and Districts
- Program Administration and Policy
- Specific Populations: Multilingual Learners with Disabilities; Newcomers; SLIFE; Migrant, Refugee, Long-term Multilingual Learners
- Technology and Multilingual Learners
Launched in 2013, the WIDA Annual Conference has continued to grow in popularity as it has traveled around the country – from Milwaukee, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Tampa, Detroit and Providence.
In its first year, the conference drew 600 participants with a sizable waiting list. Now, we are preparing for 2,000 attendees each year.
4 of 5
47 States and 6 Countries Represented
What participants say...
"The WIDA Conference was among the top-five conferences that I've attended in my 33 years of experience in education. I highly recommend this event to ALL educators."
– 2019 WIDA Annual Conference Attendee
WIDA @ Conferences
In addition to hosting our own conference, WIDA supports national and international conferences with keynote speakers, workshop presentations and sponsorships.
U.S.-Based Professional Learning
Learning opportunities for K-12 educators centered on the WIDA Standards and Assessment System, offered in online, in-person and blended formats.
WIDA International Professional Learning
WIDA offers a variety of professional learning opportunities to support educators of multilingual learners.
Research at WIDA is dedicated to promoting educational equity and academic achievement for linguistically and culturally diverse students.