WIDA Annual Conference
A conference by teachers, for teachers
The WIDA Annual Conference is the largest conference dedicated to educators of pre-K through grade 12 multilingual learners. Educators from around the country submit session proposals, which are reviewed and selected by a panel of internal and external reviewers. Sessions examine research-based strategies and instructional practices on topics that align with the conference theme and are designed and delivered in an engaging format. Topic areas include
- Equity and Social Justice
- Family and Community Engagement
- Bi/Multilingual Education
- Language Assessment
- Professional Learning in Schools and Districts
- Specific Populations: Multilingual Learners with Disabilities, Newcomers, Students with Limited or Interrupted Formal Education (SLIFE), Migrant, Refugee, Long-term Multilingual Learners
- Early Language Development and Pre-Kindergarten
- Effective Instructional Practices - Implementation of WIDA ELD Standards Framework, 2020 Edition
- Program Administration & Policy
Launched in 2013, the WIDA Annual Conference has continued to grow in popularity as it has traveled around the country – from Las Vegas to Milwaukee to Tampa.
In its first year, the conference drew 600 participants with a sizable waiting list. Now, we prepare for more than 1,000 attendees as well as 1,500 virtual attendees each year.
4 of 5
45 States and 21 Countries Represented
What participants say...
"WIDA conference is a phenomenal opportunity to collaborate with educators from around the country and a rare opportunity to lean into each others' expertise in order to become greater change makers."
– EL specialist and 2022 WIDA Annual Conference attendee
WIDA @ Conferences
In addition to hosting our own conference, WIDA supports national and international conferences with keynote speakers, workshop presentations and sponsorships.
U.S.-Based Professional Learning
Learning opportunities for K-12 educators centered on the WIDA Standards and Assessment System, offered in online, in-person and blended formats.
WIDA International Professional Learning
WIDA offers a variety of professional learning opportunities to support educators of multilingual learners.
Research at WIDA is dedicated to promoting educational equity and academic achievement for linguistically and culturally diverse students.