Founding member of the WIDA Consortium since 2003.
Delaware uses WIDA MODEL for Kindergarten and WIDA Screener Online (for Grades 1-12) to identify English language learners (ELLs). ACCESS for ELLs is given to all ELLs during the annual testing window, which typically takes place from early February to late March.
|1/22/21-3/19/21||WIDA AMS test setup available for test sessions|
|1/21/21||Districts receive test materials|
|1/21/21-3/12/21||Additional test materials ordering window in AMS|
|3/26/21||Deadline for shipping completed test materials to DRC|
|5/10/21||Districts receive reports – Online|
|5/20/21||Districts receive reports - Printed|
Requirements and Resources
See below for state-specific information and resources related to ELL assessment, including your state’s ACCESS for ELLs Checklist, where you can find each step in the ACCESS testing process from beginning to end.
State Testing Requirements
Delaware's ELLs in Grades 1–12 will take ACCESS for ELLs Online. The Delaware Department of Education requires ELLs take the online version except in cases where online testing is not technologically feasible, or if the paper version is needed as an accommodation. If there is a reason a district will need to consider the paper version (i.e. district lacks the necessary technology infrastructure for a successful administration), a district must submit a KACE Help Desk ticket through their district or charter test coordinator for permission.
Note: Kindergarten ACCESS for ELLs and the Alternate ACCESS for ELLs will remain paper-based.
Delaware's 4th and 5th grade students will keyboard their responses to the Writing test.
Test Preparation and Training
- Administrators of the paper-based test should note that if they are scoring Speaking, they will need to complete the Speaking scoring training and quiz(zes).
- To access the Test Administrator Training Course, please contact your District ESL Coordinator or DDOE Office of Assessment for help setting up your account.
- A passing score of 80% is required on all Test Administrator Training Quizzes for the test you are required to administer.
- You do not need to show proof to the District ESL Coordinator or DOE that you passed your quizzes – they are able to view your training history in the WIDA Secure Portal.
- For additional Delaware resources, visit the Delaware System of Student Assessment website.
Standards and Instructional Support
The WIDA ELD Standards, 2020 Edition, are slated for release in winter 2020. To learn more about Delaware’s timeline for rollout and implementation of the 2020 Edition, please visit our Schoology group (Delaware Educators of English Learners) using code SVM4C-F35C7.
Starting Sept. 1, 2020, educators in Delaware have access to WIDA’s self-paced eWorkshops 2020-2021 offerings. View Delaware’s catalog for full eWorkshop descriptions and intended audiences.
All eWorkshops are free and available in the eLearning Center in the WIDA Secure Portal. Don’t have a WIDA Secure Portal account? Contact Cary Knight, firstname.lastname@example.org
The following document contains 2020-21 WIDA Facilitated eWorkshops for Delaware educators. Please contact email@example.com for questions and additional information on how to sign up.
View Delaware's SY21 WIDA Professional Learning Catalog, which includes information about both self-paced eLearning options and eFacilitated workshops.
Office of Assessment
Education Associate, English Learners
Accommodations and Alt Lead
Office of Assessment
WIDA Client Services Center
Contact us for questions about training materials, test administration procedures, classroom resources, or for problems with your WIDA Secure Portal account.
Use the WIDA Secure Portal to access test training manuals and resources, as well as Online Professional Learning modules.
- To obtain a new login, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call (866) 276-7735, or contact your District Test Coordinator.
- For assistance with your account, contact the WIDA Client Services Center at email@example.com or call (866) 276-7735.
WIDA Assessment Management System (WIDA AMS)
WIDA AMS is managed by our partner company Data Recognition Corporation (DRC). You can order ACCESS materials, manage your student and test information, and find technology resources and testing software via WIDA AMS.
- To obtain a new login, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, call (855) 787-9615, or contact your District Test Coordinator.
- New District Test Coordinators should contact DRC Customer Service to create an account.
- For assistance accessing your account, contact DRC Customer Service at email@example.com or call (855) 787-9615.