Member of the WIDA Consortium since 2006.
Oklahoma uses WIDA Screener for Kindergarten, WIDA MODEL for Kindergarten, WIDA Screener (for grades 1-12), and WIDA MODEL (for grades 1-12) to identify English learners (ELs). ACCESS for ELLs, Kindergarten ACCESS for ELLs, and Alternate ACCESS are given to all ELs during the annual testing window, which typically lasts from late January through late March.
|12/13/23-3/22/24||WIDA AMS Test Setup Available for Registrations|
|1/8/24||Districts Receive Test Materials|
|1/8/24-3/15/24||Additional Test Material Ordering Window in WIDA AMS|
|3/29/24||Deadline for Shipping Completed Test Materials to DRC|
|4/15/24-5/3/24||Pre-Reporting Data Validation – LEAs in WIDA AMS|
|5/21/24||Reports and Data Files Available - Online|
|6/6/24||Reports Available in District - Printed|
|9/20/24||Alternate ACCESS Reports and Data Files Available - Online|
|10/10/24||Alternate ACCESS Reports Available in District - Printed|
Requirements and Resources
See below for state-specific information and resources related to ELL assessment, including your state’s ACCESS for ELLs Checklist, where you can find each step in the ACCESS testing process from beginning to end.
- State Testing Requirements
- ACCESS for ELLs Online is administered for English learners (ELs) in Grades 1-12.
- ELs in Grades 1-3 will assess the Writing domain using paper booklets.
- ELs in Grades 4-5 may opt to assess the Writing domain using paper booklets.
- Kindergarten and Alternate ACCESS remain as fully paper-based assessments.
- ELs with special needs may take the paper-based ACCESS for ELLs if so indicated in their IEP or 504 Plan.
- For newly arrived ELs and/or ELs who have considerable difficulty in keyboarding, local school systems may order handwriting response booklets in the additional test materials ordering window (see the “Testing Dates” timeline on the Oklahoma state WIDA page for window dates).
- Test Preparation and Training
- The WIDA Secure Portal account provides access to WIDA Screener for Kindergarten, WIDA Screener, and all ACCESS training materials.
- In 2023-2024, all district staff administering WIDA Screener for Kindergarten, WIDA Screener, ACCESS for ELLs Online, Kindergarten ACCESS, or Alternate ACCESS are required to recertify. Following the 2023-2024 school year, certified district staff who participate in subsequent ACCESS administrations will be required to recertify every two years or when OSDE determines that assessment and/or training course updates require it. All trainings are available through the WIDA Secure Portal.
- To administer a specific WIDA assessment, test administrators must complete the associated training course and pass the assessment certification quiz.
- Manuals, Guides and Test Materials
English Learner Process and Practice Frequently Asked Questions (EL FAQs) Updated 8.12.22
Comprehensive guidance document containing information on all aspects of identifying, serving and assessing English learners in Oklahoma public schools.
A set of checklists for those involved in administering WIDA assessments. These are intended to help LEAs avoid testing irregularities.
Please see the Oklahoma State Department of Education’s OELP EL Instruction and Professional Development page for more information on our professional learning opportunities.
WIDA Client Services Center
Contact us for questions about training materials or test administration procedures, classroom resources, or for problems with your WIDA Secure Portal account.
WIDA Secure Portal
Use the WIDA Secure Portal to access test training manuals and resources, as well as Online Professional Learning modules.
- To obtain a new login as a Test Administrator, contact your EL Coordinator or District Test Coordinator.
- New EL Coordinators should contact email@example.com to create an account.
- For assistance with your account, contact the WIDA Client Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 276-7735.
WIDA AMS is managed by our partner company Data Recognition Corporation (DRC). You can order ACCESS materials, manage your student and test information, and find technology resources and testing software via WIDA AMS.