Need help? Answers to top questions coming into the WIDA Client Services Center this fall
With the launch of the redesigned WIDA Secure Portal, the new WIDA Screener for Kindergarten and another screening season, there is a lot to keep track of this fall. If you have a question about one of those topics, there's a good chance that one of your colleagues around the country has already contacted the WIDA Client Services Center and asked a similar question to yours. Before you reach out to WIDA's customer service team, check out the answers to the most frequently asked questions:
How do I get to the WIDA Secure Portal?
Click on the blue Login button in the upper right corner of this site. From the Login page, select the button for the WIDA Secure Portal. Or go directly to the WIDA Secure Portal login page.
How do I reset my WIDA Secure Portal password?
Follow the steps listed above to get to the WIDA Secure Portal login page. From there, select Forgot password.
How do I create an account in the WIDA Secure Portal?
Your first step should be to check your member/state page. Your state or district determines who should have access to the WIDA Secure Portal. Look for the gray column on the right side of the page to find your state-specific guidance. If you’re an account coordinator, check out the Get Help page for step-by-step instructions on creating new user accounts.
How do I find what I’m looking for in the WIDA Secure Portal?
Once you're logged in, check out the Get Help page to learn more about where to find training and resources, plus how to use the redesigned portal.
Where do I find technology help for using WIDA’s online assessments?
For help using WIDA AMS, go to the WIDA AMS Login page. After logging in, click My Applications > General Information > Documents to access technology related materials like the Technology User Guide and the WIDA AMS User Guide. If you need additional assistance, contact Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) at 855-787-9615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
My state is using the new WIDA Screener for Kindergarten; how do I get started?
- Know what your state policy says about screening students. Each state determines when WIDA Screener for Kindergarten is approved for use. Visit your member/state page to learn more.
- Find training and test materials in the WIDA Secure Portal. In the portal, select Assessment Training. Find the WIDA Screener for Kindergarten: Administration and Scoring course and select Course Details. From there, you can enroll in the course and view, download and print the test materials.
- Purchase professionally printed versions of the test materials in the WIDA Store. These are all the same great test materials you find in the portal, except they are professionally printed and shipped directly to you. You can purchase test materials individually and as kits.
- Find the WIDA Screener for Kindergarten Score Calculator on the main WIDA website. Add student scores to the online calculator and it will produce a printable, savable PDF score report.
- If you still have questions, check out the WIDA Screener for Kindergarten: Answers to frequently asked questions news article.