Member of the WIDA Consortium since 2012.
Colorado uses Kindergarten W-APT and WIDA Screener (Online or Paper) for Grades 1-12 to assist in the identification of students who may be English learners (ELs). ACCESS for ELLs is administered to students who are identified as ELs, NEP or LEP during the annual testing window, which runs for five weeks, opening on the second Monday in January.
|10/24/18-11/9/18||Districts order paper grades 1-12 test materials via AMS (Online, K and Alternate are ordered through the State Pre-ID File upload)|
|11/27/18-2/15/19||WIDA AMS test setup available for test sessions|
|12/13/18||Districts receive test materials|
|12/17/18-2/8/19||Additional test materials ordering window in AMS|
|2/21/19||Deadline for shipping completed test materials to DRC|
|4/30/19||Districts receive reports – Online|
|5/14/19||Districts receive reports – Printed|
Requirements and Resources
See below for state-specific information and resources related to EL assessment, including your state’s ACCESS for ELLs Checklist, where you can find each step in the ACCESS testing process from beginning to end.
State Testing Requirements
For the 2018-19 school year, testing modality (online or paper) for ACCESS for ELLs (Grades 1-12) is at the discretion of the LEA. Kindergarten ACCESS for ELLs and Alternate ACCESS for ELLs (Grades 1-12) continue as paper-based assessments.
Visit the Office of Culturally and Diverse Education website for information and state guidance on the following topics:
- Screening and identification
- Redesignation and exit guidance
- Federal and State legislation and court decisions
- ELs in the statewide system of accountability
- English Language Proficiency Act (ELPA)
- Data Pipeline: Student October count
Colorado’s Office of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education offers Professional Learning Opportunities.
Heather Villalobos Pavia
English Learner Assessment Specialist
Director of the Office for Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education
WIDA Client Services Center
Contact us for questions about training materials, classroom resources, or for problems with your WIDA Secure Portal account.
WIDA Secure Portal
Use the WIDA Secure Portal to access test training manuals and resources, as well as Online Professional Learning modules.
- To obtain a new login, please contact your District Assessment Coordinator.
- The WIDA Client Services Center creates accounts for New District Assessment Coordinators. If the emails with this information were overlooked; the DAC should contact WIDA Client Services to request support.
- For assistance with your account, contact the WIDA Client Services Center at email@example.com or call (866) 276-7735.
WIDA Assessment Management System (WIDA AMS)
WIDA AMS is managed by our partner company Data Recognition Corporation (DRC). You can order ACCESS materials, manage student and test information, and find technology resources and testing software via WIDA AMS.
- District Assessment Coordinators will create accounts for Test Administrators and other district staff on an as-needed basis.
- DRC creates accounts for New District Assessment Coordinators. If they did not activate the link provided to them through email, DACs should contact the Colorado Department of Education, Assessment Unit for account reactivation.
- For assistance accessing your account, contact DRC Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 787-9615.