Member of the WIDA Consortium since 2004.
New Hampshire has approved the use of the Kindergarten W-APT, WIDA MODEL, and WIDA Screener (for Grades 1-12) to identify English learners (ELs). (Pending State Board of Education approval, the new WIDA Screener for Kindergarten will be available in March 2021 for kindergarten students.)
ACCESS for ELLs is given to ELs during the annual testing window, which typically lasts from mid-January through mid-March.
|10/28/19-11/25/19||Test materials ordering in AMS (LEAs)|
|1/6/20-3/13/20||WIDA AMS test setup available for test sessions|
|1/14/20||Districts receive test materials|
|1/14/20-3/6/20||Additional test materials ordering window in AMS|
|3/27/20||Deadline for shipping completed test materials to DRC|
|4/16/20-4/27/20||Pre-reporting data validation – LEAs in AMS|
|5/21/20||Districts receive reports – Online|
|5/29/20||Districts receive reports – Printed|
|5/27/20-6/4/20||Post-reporting data validation – LEAs in AMS|
|6/17/20||Data posted in AMS|
Requirements and Resources
See below for state-specific information and resources related to ELL assessment, including your state’s ACCESS for ELLs Checklist, where you can find each step in the ACCESS testing process from beginning to end.
State Testing Requirements
The following personnel will play a role in the ACCESS administration:
Test Coordinators (District or School Levels)
- responsible for the overall coordination of test administration activities
- coordinate with Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) to set up user accounts within the WIDA Assessment Management System (WIDA AMS)
- set up Test Administrators in the WIDA Secure Portal
- review the relevant modules in the applicable ACCESS training courses
- verify that Test Administrators have completed their training
- responsible for administering ACCESS
- must be ESOL certified and ACCESS certified
- complete WIDA training courses, including review of all applicable Test Administration Manuals and web-based modules, and passing the applicable certification quizzes with a score of 80% or higher
- must review all material that will be available through the WIDA Training Course to prepare for test administration activities
- must recertify every two years
- should keep a copy of their training certificate in case it is required by the Test Coordinator Technology Coordinators
- responsible for all technical and system set up for online testing and working with Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) on any local system issues
Test Preparation and Training
- Only certified ESOL teachers who have completed WIDA training and certification may administer Kindergarten W-APT, WIDA Screener, or ACCESS for ELLs.
- ACCESS training courses can be found on the WIDA Secure Portal. Contact your District Test Coordinator if you do not have an account.
- Educators can access training and test materials for Kindergarten W-APT or WIDA Screener on the WIDA Secure Portal. Contact your District Test Coordinator for permissions.
- Please see the Workshops, eLearning and Academies page for upcoming 2019 assessment training webinars.
Starting Sept. 1, 2019, educators in New Hampshire have access to WIDA’s self-paced eWorkshops. View the eWorkshops flyer for full descriptions and intended audiences.
All eWorkshops are free and available in the eLearning Center in the WIDA Secure Portal. Don’t have a WIDA Secure Portal account? Contact your district test coordinator or the WIDA Client Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (866) 276-7735.
More Professional Learning opportunities will become available throughout the school year, so please check out the NH ESOL Listserv periodically for updates and new offerings.
EL Education Consultant
WIDA Client Services Center
Contact us for questions about training materials or test administration procedures, classroom resources, or for problems with your WIDA Secure Portal account.
WIDA Secure Portal
Use the WIDA Secure Portal to access test training manuals and resources, as well as Online Professional Learning modules.
- To obtain a new login as a Test Administrator, contact your District Test Coordinator.
- New District Test Coordinators should contact WIDA Client Services to request an account.
- For assistance with your account, contact the WIDA Client Services Center at email@example.com or call (866) 276-7735.
WIDA Assessment Management System (WIDA AMS)
WIDA AMS is managed by our partner company Data Recognition Corporation (DRC). You can order ACCESS materials, manage your student and test information, and find technology resources and testing software via WIDA AMS.
- To obtain a new login, contact your District Test Coordinator.
- New District Test Coordinators should contact DRC Customer Service to request an account.
- For assistance accessing your account, contact DRC Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 787-9615.