WIDA News Extra January 2020
The January 2020 edition of WIDA News Extra includes an interview with January's Featured Educator, a last call for WIDA Conference proposals, and information about WIDA professional learning opportunities in 2020.
Last Call for WIDA Conference Proposals
Time is running out to submit your proposal to present at the 2020 WIDA Annual Conference October 26-29, 2020 in Denver, Colorado. Don’t miss the opportunity to show your colleagues what you Can Do! Share your expertise with over 1,800 other educators at the premier conference for educators of early childhood-grade 12 multilingual learners.
Submit your proposal by January 19.
Meet Educator Gwendolyn Quadri from North Carolina
This month's featured educator took a unique path to education. She started her studies working to become a medical doctor. But then ESL specialist Gwendolyn Quadri turned to her family when it came time to decide what career path to pursue...
Honor an exceptional colleague today by filling out our nomination form.
Treat Yourself to WIDA Professional Learning in the New Year
Here are WIDA Workshops with enrollment events coming up soon in Madison, Baltimore and more!
- Differentiation for Linguistically Diverse Students (1 day)
- Educator Collaboration to Support Multilingual Learners (2 days)
- Formative Language Assessment (2 days)
- Interpreting ACCESS for ELLs Score Reports for Instruction (1 day)
- Pedagogía con Respeto: Using WIDA Standards and Tools to Support Multilingual Students (1 day)
- Purposeful Lesson Planning for Language Learners (2 days)
- WIDA Español: Differentiation for Dual Language Learners (1 day)