ACCESS for ELLs Online
ACCESS for ELLs Online (ACCESS Online) is a computer-based, adaptive test that responds to student performance and may be administered in group or individual settings. This assessment is given annually to students in Grades 1-12. It tests students' language in four domains: Listening, Reading, Speaking, Writing.
Scores from ACCESS Online can be used to inform instruction and monitor progress of English language learners (ELLs) in a school or district. ACCESS Online meets U.S. federal requirements under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) for monitoring and reporting ELLs’ progress toward English language proficiency.
- Routes students to easier or more challenging content based on their performance; educators do not need to place students into difficulty tiers prior to the test
- Allows for increased student engagement
- Includes built-in accessibility and accommodation features to fit individual students' needs
- Can be administered to groups of students in various grades and at different proficiency levels at the same time
- Ensures standardized, reliable scoring; all domains are centrally scored at DRC by trained raters
Test Administration Times*
Up to 35 minutes
Up to 40 minutes
Up to 30 minutes
Up to 65 minutes
170 minutes total test time