WIDA News April 2019
The April 2019 edition of WIDA News includes our Featured Educator, information about our website feedback survey, information about registration dates for the WIDA Annual Conference, and upcoming WIDA Workshops.
Meet Instructional Coach Carly Spina from Illinois
As a former teacher, EL/Bilingual Instructional Coach Carly Spina serves educators in eight schools throughout the district. She says "The best part of my job is when I can be a connector. Sometimes I can connect a family to a community agency for support."
WIDA Annual Conference Registration Now Open!
We're excited to announce that registration for the 2019 WIDA Annual Conference is now open! The premier conference for preK-12 educators of multilingual learners will take place October 15-18 in Providence, RI under the theme Teaching for Equity in a Multilingual World. Save $150 on your registration - register at the Early-Bird Rate today! For more information, view the conference brochure or visit our website at wida.wisc.edu/conference.
Website Feedback Survey
Now that our public-facing website - wida.wisc.edu - is about eight months old, we would like to know how it is working for district and school educators like YOU so we can determine what's working and if any improvements need to be made. We would love if you could take a brief 5-10 minute website survey.
Upcoming WIDA Workshops
These open enrollment workshops are a great way to grow with WIDA!
- WIDA Español: Pedagogía con respeto: Pairing Languages and Standards to Advance Student Learning
- May 1-2, 2019 - Madison, WI
- WIDA Workshops: Differentiation for Linguistically Diverse Students
- June 25, 2019 - New Brunswick, NJ
- WIDA Workshops: Introduction to the WIDA Standards
- July 15, 2019 - Madison, WI
- WIDA Español Differentiation for Multilingual Learners
- July 17, 2019 - Madison, WI