Expert classroom teachers are serving multilingual learners in all corners of WIDA
The WIDA Fellows program brings expert teachers and WIDA professional learning specialists together in a collaborative effort to enhance the development of WIDA professional learning products and services. WIDA fellows serve as classroom implementation experts and critical friends to the WIDA professional learning design team. Together, we honor the process of collaboration and inquiry.
WIDA established the Fellows program in 2019 to:
- Recognize the contributions of excellent teachers
- Leverage their expertise to provide guidance and feedback in the development of WIDA professional learning
- Create a collaborative professional learning community (PLC) among expert practitioners and WIDA professional learning specialists
Twenty WIDA fellows from 14 states in the WIDA Consortium represent an array of expertise.
Selected candidates to the WIDA Fellows program serve for one year and have the option to continue for a second. Benefits and participation requirements include
- A $2,000 stipend and a waiver of the registration fee to attend the WIDA Annual Conference to learn and collaborate as a group
- Exclusive invitation to conversations with scholars in the field of multilingual education
- Collaborative exploration of common pedagogical topics of interest and participation via a monthly online PLC
- Serving as a classroom implementation expert and critical friend to a specific professional learning design team
- Sharing classroom practices and being featured in WIDA professional learning offerings and resources
All nominees must be exemplary teachers of multilingual learners and must be willing to participate in the WIDA Fellows annual meeting. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Nominations for the 2022-2023 cohort will open in Spring 2022.