Expert classroom teachers are serving multilingual learners in all corners of WIDA
The WIDA Fellows program brings expert teachers and WIDA professional learning specialists together in a collaborative effort to enhance the development of WIDA professional learning products and services. WIDA Fellows serve as classroom implementation experts and critical friends to the WIDA professional learning design team. Together, we honor the process of collaboration and inquiry.
WIDA established the Fellows program in 2019 to:
- Recognize the contributions of excellent teachers
- Leverage their expertise to provide guidance and feedback in the development of WIDA professional learning
- Create a collaborative professional learning community (PLC) among expert practitioners and WIDA professional learning specialists
Twenty WIDA fellows from 13 states in the consortium represent an array of expertise.
Selected fellows serve for one year and have the option to continue for a second. Benefits and participation requirements include
- A $2,000 stipend
- A waiver of the registration fee to the WIDA Annual Conference to learn and collaborate as a group
- Participation in a monthly online PLC
- Exclusive invitation to conversations with scholars in the field of bi/multilingual education
- Collaborative exploration of common pedagogical topics of interest and participation in a book study
- Serving as a classroom implementation expert and critical friend to a specific professional learning design team
- Sharing classroom practices and being featured in resources used in WIDA professional learning offerings
All nominees must be exemplary teachers of bi/multilingual learners and must be willing to participate in the 2021 WIDA Fellows annual meeting. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Nominations for the 2021-2022 cohort are open from March 8, 2021 through April 30, 2021. Please complete the nomination form. Selected fellows will be contacted via email by June 30, 2021.