Expert classroom teachers are serving multilingual learners in all corners of WIDA
The WIDA Fellows program brings expert teachers and WIDA professional learning specialists together in a collaborative effort to enhance the development of WIDA professional learning products and services. WIDA Fellows serve as classroom implementation experts and critical friends to the WIDA professional learning design team. Together, we honor the process of collaboration and inquiry.
WIDA established the Fellows program in 2019 to:
- Recognize the contributions of excellent teachers
- Leverage their expertise to provide guidance and feedback in the development of WIDA professional learning
- Create a collaborative professional learning community (PLC) among expert practitioners and WIDA professional learning specialists
Thirteen WIDA fellows from 10 states in the consortium represent an array of expertise.
Selected fellows serve for one year and have the option to continue for a second. Benefits and participation requirements include:
- A $2,000 stipend
- A waiver of the registration fee to the WIDA Annual Conference to learn and collaborate as a group
- Participating in an online PLC in the WIDA eLearning Center
- Attending monthly virtual meetings with other WIDA fellows and WIDA professional learning specialists.
- Collaborative exploring of common pedagogical topics of interest and participate in a book study.
- Serving as a classroom implementation expert and critical friend to a specific professional learning design team.
- Sharing classroom practices and being featured in videos used in WIDA professional learning offerings.
All nominees must be exemplary teachers of bilingual and/or multilingual learners and must be willing to participate in the 2020 WIDA Fellows annual meeting. Self-nominations are not accepted.
To nominate an educator, complete the WIDA Fellows nomination form by May 29, 2020.