New Search and Resource Library Features
The WIDA Web Team is pleased to announce that, based on significant user feedback, we have made several upgrades to search functionality on the public WIDA website.
The changes, to both site search and Resource Library search, include:
- Spelling corrections. For example: descriptirs corrects to descriptors in the search results
- Search term suggestions. For example: upon typing can do – Can Do Descriptors, the Can Do video, and Can Do Philosophy are offered as options
- Wildcard. For example: interp* will return results for interpret, interpretive and interpreting
- Quotes for exact matches. If you know the name of what you're looking for and want to restrict possible results, you can use quotes around the phrase. For example: searching for “spanish language development standards” will only return results with that exact phrase (regardless of whether you use upper- or lowercase)
Changes to the Resource Library include:
- Spanish language resources. Resource titles displayed in Spanish will no longer be included in the main Resource Library but can still be found on the Recursos page. Note that parent letters, guides and handouts translated into Spanish will still be located in the main Resource Library.
- Resource Topics page. Similar to the relatively new Resource Types page, the Resource Topics page lays out each topic, the types of resources for each and a link to the filtered list by that topic.
- Resource Types and Topics Buttons. Colorful button links to these two pages now appear above the filtering options on the left side of the Resource Library page.
Your feedback is valuable to us, so we hope these changes will improve your experience on the WIDA website.
Also, stay tuned for additional improvements to the Resource Library in the fall.