The WIDA Institute is a four-day comprehensive introduction to explore the WIDA Standards and Assessment System. An institute is a first step in learning how WIDA resources work together to support multilingual students and their teachers. Institute participants will also benefit from networking opportunities with international educators both in person and through an online community forum.
Who Should Attend
The Institute is intended for educators who are new to WIDA, or who are deciding how WIDA assessments and resources can support teaching and learning at their school. All international school teachers, administrators or admissions officers are welcome to enroll in this introductory session. If you are ready to explore how WIDA can help your students, sign up for a WIDA International Institute today.
Upcoming Dates and Locations
Madison, WI, USA, July 22-25, 2019
Register by April 25, 2019 for Early Bird Pricing
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Pyle Center, 702 Langdon St
Additional Details on Attending an Institute
What You Will Learn
- Preview WIDA as a system
- Explore language in academic contexts
- Consider assessment purposes and tools
- Compare WIDA MODEL and WIDA Screener
- Explore WIDA Essential Actions
- Consider and assets-based approach
- Reflect on using assessment data
- Develop student portraits
- Practice with WIDA Essential Actions
- Explore linguistic demands of curricula
- Scaffold language and content learning
- Practice unit and lesson planning
- Review WIDA Essential Actions
- Explore collaboration
- Examine WIDA tools and co-planning
- Discuss action planning and next steps
8:00am - 8:30am: Coffee and Refreshments
8:30am - 12:00pm: Morning Session (including coffee break)
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Lunch (provided)
1:00pm - 4:00pm*: Afternoon Session (including coffee break)
* Note: The afternoon session of the final day of the Institute will conclude at 3pm.
Prices in U.S. dollars
$850 Early Bird Price
$950 Regular Price
Registration fee includes refreshments and lunch for four days. Participants also receive a copy of the WIDA Essential Actions Handbook and The WIDA International English Language Development Standards and Resource Guide.
Credit from the UW-Madison is available for participating in this event at an additional cost.
Registration fee is non-refundable. No refunds will be issued for participant cancellations or no-shows. If the event is cancelled, applicants will be reimbursed for registration fees only.
For questions or more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org