Member of the WIDA Consortium since 2014.
Tennessee uses WIDA Screener for Kindergarten and WIDA Screener (Grades 1-12) to identify English language learners (ELLs). ACCESS for ELLs is given to all ELLs during the annual testing window, which typically lasts from late February through early April.
|12/30/22-3/31/23||WIDA AMS test setup available for test sessions|
|2/1/23||Districts receive test materials|
|2/1/23-3/24/23||Additional test materials ordering window in AMS|
|4/5/23||Deadline for shipping completed test materials to DRC|
|4/17/23-4/21/23||Pre-reporting data validation – LEAs in AMS|
|5/11/23||Districts receive reports – Online|
|5/25/23||Districts receive reports - Printed|
Requirements and Resources
See below for state-specific information and resources related to ELL assessment, including your state’s ACCESS for ELLs Checklist, where you can find each step in the ACCESS testing process from beginning to end.
Standards and Instructional Support
Tennessee uses WIDA language development standards and provide instructional support through professional development and guidance documents.
For the following professional development opportunities, check with your district EL Coordinator.
- Access for ELLs Test Coordinator Training (1/2 day)
- Alternate ACCESS for ELLs Training
- WIDA Screener Overview (e-workshop)
- WIDA AMS for Screener (1/2 day)
Special Populations Coordinator, MSAA & WIDA
WIDA Client Services Center
Contact us for questions about training materials or test administration procedures, classroom resources, or for problems with your WIDA Secure Portal account.
WIDA Secure Portal
Use the WIDA Secure Portal to access test training manuals and resources, as well as Online Professional Learning modules.
- To obtain a new login, contact your District Test Coordinator.
- New District Test Coordinators should contact Nancy Williams at Nancy.E.Williams@tn.gov to create their account.
- For assistance with your account, contact the WIDA Client Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 276-7735.
WIDA Assessment Management System (WIDA AMS)
WIDA AMS is managed by our partner company Data Recognition Corporation (DRC). You can order ACCESS materials, manage your student and test information, and find technology resources and testing software via WIDA AMS.