Preparing to Administer ACCESS for ELLs
Resources designed to help you administer ACCESS
WIDA provides many training resources to help educators prepare for and administer ACCESS for ELLs. However, not every resource is necessary or applicable to every educator.
All ACCESS tests must be carefully scheduled to make sure students have enough time, space and resources needed for the assessment. Each ACCESS test (Paper, Online and Kindergarten) is administered differently and takes a different amount of time to deliver.
If you are administering Alternate ACCESS for ELLs, please see the Preparing to Administer Alternate ACCESS for ELLs page.
To understand the preparation process and what you'll need to get started, view the QuickStart Guide below.
QuickStart Guide for Preparing to Administer ACCESS for ELLs
1. Find out what parts of ACCESS administration you are responsible for in your school or district.
2. Find out what policies and procedures your state requires.
See your Member/State page for details.
3. Make sure you have access to the WIDA Secure Portal and WIDA AMS in order to complete the remaining steps below.
If you are a first-time Test Administrator (TA) or District Test Coordinator (DTC), please visit your Member/State page for instructions on how to get your accounts set up.
If you are a returning TA or DTC and you are having trouble signing in to the WIDA Secure Portal, please contact the WIDA Client Services Center.
4. Complete your ACCESS training courses, certification quizzes and review other supplemental training materials.
5. Get your students ready for testing. Visit the Preparing Students page for tips and resources.
6. Schedule test sessions and inventory shipped testing materials.
For detailed instructions and additional steps, see the ACCESS for ELLs Checklist located on your Member/State page.