This supplemental workshop is for test administrators of the WIDA MODEL (Measure of Developing English Language) Online. WIDA MODEL is a series of English language proficiency assessments for Kindergarten through grade 12. However, WIDA MODEL for Kindergarten is only available in a paper kit format. Educators can use MODEL as an identification/placement assessment for newly enrolled multilingual learners or as an interim progress monitoring assessment. Participants will learn how to administer, monitor and score as applicable each language domain in the assessment.
This supplemental workshop is designed for WIDA MODEL Online test coordinators and administrators.
Participants will be able to
- Explain the relationship between the WIDA ELD Standards Framework and WIDA MODEL
- Identify procedures for test administration
- Administer and score practice Speaking and Writing tests
- Locate additional WIDA MODEL resources
- Administer and score WIDA MODEL for Kindergarten (if applicable)